AALC will host two Supportive Living Success Trainings with the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) and LeadingAge Illinois:
Thursday, November 19
Illinois Education Association
3440 Liberty Dr, Springfield, IL 62704
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
6.0 continuing education hours offered.
The program will include:
- Updates and Information from HFS
Kara Helton, SLP Coordinator, BLTC, HFS & Janene Brickey, Manager of Policy and Rules, BLTC, HFS
- Supportive Living Family Panel - Why/How They Helped Loved Ones Choose Supportive Living
- Re-Inventing Me: The Relationship Between Activity Driven Wellness Programs and Emotional, Physical and Cognitive Well-Being
Christopher Dale, Administrator & Julie Helm, Resident Services Coordinator, Deer Path Supportive Living, Huntley, IL
- Understanding Congestive Heart Failure: Signs, Symptoms and Management in the Older Adult
Teri Rizzo, RN, BSN
- Pain Assessment and Management in the Supportive Living Setting
Keith J Cermak NP-C, Nurse Practitioner at Millennium Pain Center
- Purpose Driven Programs
Dave Pokorny - Executive Director, Concord Place & Fran Pelegrino- Administrator, Concord Place
Supportive Living Success is a workshop for both providers and state agency staff involved with the Supportive Living Program (SLP). These training workshops are intended not only to provide valuable information on relevant topics related to the SLP, but also to promote a consistency of program interpretation throughout the state.
Sessions are conducted by experts in their fields, including knowledgeable state staff and proven providers in the SLP industry who have successfully developed best practices. Topics presented contain information that can be used by operational and approved SLF providers. In addition to the training content, ample opportunity for questions and answers will be provided as well as discussion by and among participants.