"Happiness is Ageless" Statewide Activity
During AALC's Keep Moving statewide activity, we'll be asking communities to track their movements from January 11 - March 31, 2016. Our goal is to walk across the world (that's 25,000 miles) by having each community track their miles every week. AALC will then compile the miles to show our overall progress as we virtually walk across the world together!
Each week we'll ask you to log your community's miles online and we'll provide you with a weekly progress report on the AALC Facebook page to track our total progress as we "walk" across the world. Each community will also be asked to compile and submit photos of your residents as they participate and describe the activities they took to Keep Moving. AALC will display all the entries at the State Capitol to showcase how Supportive Living communities continue to make positive, healthy strides across Illinois. We'll even have a map that shows how far residents "walked/moved/danced" across the world.
Together, we can all take positive strides for healthy living while raising awareness of the numerous benefits of the Supportive Living Program. Let's Keep Moving!
How to Participate in Keep Moving!
1. Track Your Progress - Download our AALC activity conversion chart to help track and convert miles for activities such as stretching, gardening, tai chi, etc.
2. Report Your Weekly Totals - Submit converted mileage to AALC each Thursday starting January 14 through March 31 on our online form. If you miss a week, you can not make it up.
3. Follow AALC on Facebook to receive a weekly progress report on total miles.
4. Submit a Display Board - Boards must be shipped to AALC by April 8, 2016 and will be displayed at the Supportive Living Capitol Visit Day!
Keep Moving Awards
Nominate your community and residents for the Keep Moving awards (listed below) on our online form by April 8!
Awards will be given to the following categories:
- MVP Community Award - Highest total miles reported by a community with 80 units or below.
- MVP Community Award - Highest total miles reported by a community over 80 units.
- MVP Individual Award - Highest total miles reported by an individual.
- Creativity Award - Community: Award presented to the community that demonstrates the most unique and effective way to earn their miles as a group.
- Creativity Award - Individual: Award presented to the individual who demonstrates the most unique and effective way to earn their miles.
- Inspiration Award - Award presented to the individual who demonstrates the most passion and determination to earn their miles.
Keep Moving Participant