"Happiness is Ageless" Statewide Project
Last year, our Supportive Living (SL) communities showed us their competitive spirit as they circled the globe more than twice during our “Keep Moving” challenge. This year, we’re hoping to keep the excitement going as we ask residents across the State to show us what makes them happy! Whether it’s walking, painting, reading, or playing a hotly contested game of Wii bowling, we want to highlight all the ways “Happiness is Ageless.” Whatever the activity, Supportive Living is here to ensure seniors and individuals with disabilities have the support they need to lead a fulfilling, happy life.
This year’s “Happiness is Ageless” statewide project will ask communities to tell us what make their residents happy by compiling photos, quotes and overviews of programs, events and hobbies that they participate in throughout the year.
There are no limits to what you can include: including once a year activities and events, or regularly scheduled classes, the sky is the limit!
What kinds of things do you do to make your residents happy?
- Decorating your facility for a holiday?
- Holding a theme dance/dinner to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
- Electing a Queen or King for the day?
- Planning a special outing to explore a park, go camping or visit simply visit an ice cream shop?
- Holding regular exercise programs or annual competitions?
- Volunteering time/services for a community cause?
- Horseback riding? Golfing?
- Writing poems or playing an instrument?
The possibilities are endless and we want to hear about them!
Statewide Project Submissions
Each community will be asked to compile and submit photos of your residents as they participate in hobbies and events that make them happy. Be sure to describe the activities, take lots of pictures of residents as they participate, and ask them for quotes about the enjoyment they get while doing something they love. AALC will display all the entries at the State Capitol to showcase how Supportive Living communities continue to provide a positive, fulfilling and happy environment for today’s seniors and individuals with disabilities.
Together, we can raise awareness of the Supportive Living program and the reasons residents firmly believe, “Happiness is Ageless!”
Creating Your Happiness is Ageless Overview
AALC will select the most creative “Happiness is Ageless” overview display in the halls of the State Capitol in April to showcase how our Supportive Living communities are creating healthy and happy living environments for residents.
We’ve provided you with instructions for compiling/designing your overview below.
Display Board Directions
Type up a one-page activity overview with the following information:
- Name of the community
- Describe what activities your residents participate in to bring joy to their lives
- Get quotes from your residents
- Take photos as your residents participate in activities
- Design a colorful display on foam core highlighting what your residents do to prove “Happiness is Ageless!”
- Include photos of your residents participating in the activities
- Include fun quotes/testimonials and any graphics
- Include the one-page activity overview on the display board
Mail Display Boards to AALC by April 1, 2017.
- “Happiness is Ageless” overview should be typed on standard white paper and glued to foam core. (No poster boards please!)
- Decorate your foam core display with photos, testimonials, and fun stories.
- Displays will not be returned. They can be picked up at State Finals in Springfield.
- Place display board in sturdy container and mail to:
601 W. Monroe
Springfield, IL 62704
April 1, 2017 | Poster displays due at AALC
April 25-26, 2017 | Posters will be on display at the state Capitol
May 31-June 1, 2017 | Posters will be on display at State Championships
Deadline for submissions: April 1, 2017